Solving Security Problems Through Expert Analysis
Since 1977, Mr. Canaan has been an active practitioner in:
- Security Assessments and Consulting
- Security Management and Operational Oversight
- Liability Mitigation
He is a certified instructor in related disciplines and maintains active membership in numerous professional associations.
Mr. Canaan has conducted security, threat, and risk assessments throughout the US, Canada, Central, and South America for individuals and corporations in estate residences, educational settings, corporate campuses, and large venue events.
The American Society for Industrial Security, International (ASIS) awarded Mr. Canaan the security profession’s highest recognition of practitioners, the Certified Protection Professional. This Board Certification in Security Management is based on experience and passage of examination that provides an objective measure of an individual’s broad-based knowledge and competency in security management.
The Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA) awarded Mr. Canaan the Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant (CFLC) designation. The CFLC was established by the Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA) for FEWA professional members who have met the eligibility criteria established requiring significant participation in FEWA activities and completion of educational courses in the subjects of forensic analysis, litigation consulting, and expert witnessing.
Mr. Canaan has gained in-depth experience providing investigative and security services for the aviation, entertainment, hospitality, retail, distribution, manufacturing and event-planning sectors with thousands of hours of direct involvement in investigative, protective, and security-related initiatives.
The Assessment Process
- Analysis of current loss prevention, security, or risk management practices
- Compare findings with industry standards
- Identify vulnerabilities and areas of potential liability
- Provide an oral or written Assessment Report with specific corrective recommendations and implementation plans
- Provide documentation to support the report findings
- Represent client interest and coordinate vendor selection and equipment integration
- Reassess security practices to ensure company, industry, and legal compliance
Let our experts assist you in litigation-avoidance by developing, maintaining, and testing your security program to industry best practices, guidelines, and standards.
Trident is a leader in securing disruptive environments with the latest methodology and technology.
Want to know more?
Call us at (253) 852-7000 or use the Contact Form. Our office hours are 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. When calling after hours or if you reach our voice mail, please leave a message and we will return your call at the earliest opportunity.