One of the most challenging aspects of our business is working with clients who might otherwise express unrealistic expectations of what can be accomplished in surveillance. As crime and terrorism have been forefront in our minds, our society, in general, is more vigilant of their surroundings. And then add the often significant component of urban congestion and traffic to the equation, and it can be extremely difficult to reach a successful conclusion to surveillance.
How do we increase our odds? Often a second or third surveillance operative is appropriate for the scope of work. This is where the question is asked; does a second or third surveillance operator increase the odds of obtaining your objective? In most cases, yes.
HOW DOES THIS IMPROVE OUR ODDS? A few examples are:
- More eyes on a subject or subject location
- Ability to watch multiple exit points
- Ability to have stationary eyes on the subject while other operators pick up the departure
- Parallel follow-cars and the ability to change what’s viewed in the subject’s rearview mirror
- More easily plan for complicated or multiple possible subject departure routes
WHAT CAN YOU, THE CLIENT, DO TO INCREASE OUR SUCCESS? We know that i
- Current, and detailed subject information to include physical description and photographs
- Vehicle information
- “Significant o
- Social media and activities
- Known support addresses — family, friends, medical providers, legal advisors, etc.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE TO FACILITATE OUR SUCCESS comes in many forms. This may
- Suitable surveillance vehicle options for the environment we work or the subject we follow
- Each team member has a two-way radio with both direct and repeater capability
- Maintain a continuous team conference call on the operators cellular phone
- Team location or positioning on a shared smartphone or tablet map applications
- Shared chronological field notes are taken live on a smart phone or tablet
- Multiple covert video camera options to be used in nearly any environment or scenario
THE CHALLENGES AND IMPEDIMENTS TO SUCCESS REMAIN. While no one can guarantee results, there are many conditions and factors outside of our control which can negatively affect an outcome. Examples are:
- Intersections and traffic lights
- Traffic and area congestion
- A subject who is naturally suspicious
- Someone who has been counseled by their legal advisors to watch for surveillance
- A subject who performs
a SDR(Surveillance Detection Route)
- A subject who uses multiple modes of transportation such as being on foot, using public transportation, or ride share.
- Inadequate, or no suitable surveillance positions to watch our intended subject or activity
- And then there is the subject who does not leave their home or work on the day we conduct our surveillance.
Trident Investigators have a broad-spectrum of experience from federal and local law enforcement, military, corporate and legal investigative fields, with knowledge, experience, and equipment that exceeds any other investigative agency in the Pacific Northwest which will significantly increase the opportunity for positive results. Can you afford to not be successful?
Want to know more? Call us at (253) 852-7000 during our office hours 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. When calling after hours or if you reach our voice mail, please leave a message and our on-duty investigator will return your call at the earliest opportunity.